Expanded cork 30 mm
14,90 £ per sheet
Density: 170 kg / m3
Thermal conductivity: 0.037 – 0.040 W / mK
Specific heat: 1.67 Kj / Kg ° C
Working temperature: from -180 ° C to +120 ° C
– length tolerance: ± 3 – 4 mm,
– thickness tolerance: ± 1 – 3 mm,
Expanded cork 30 mm
Customers frequently utilized expanded cork 30 mm as an insulating material. It is an alternative to Styrofoam and mineral wool. Our cork is fully natural, for the product is produced out of cork oak bark.
The product is 100% natural, non-toxic, fungi-resistant, and durable. It does not lose its distinctive features, even after being utilized for many years. If you use our expanded cork you won’t have to worry fire spreading . Not to mention that expanded cork is self-extinguishing.
You can utilize our Aglomerado Negro as:
- Thermal and acoustic insulation of both internal and external walls (in the case of external walls, while as in the case of polystyrene, the cork must be covered with mesh and plaster)
- Acoustic and thermal insulation of ceilings
- As an insulation material to be placed under concrete leveling elements,
- Thermal and acoustic insulation of both flat/pitched roofs and terraces,
- Anti-vibration insulation of devices, objects, and whole inhabitable spaces,
- Decorative finishing of reptile houses
Most notable advantages of agglomerated cork are:
- Inalterability of dimensions, regardless of temperature changes and utilization period,
- Safety of use
- Ecologic material
- Does not produce any toxic fumes while burning
- Remarkable acoustic insulation parameters.
- Chipboard cork for thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Thermal inertia of buildings and relative humidity (RH)
- Fire resistance and low gases release
- Sound absorption and consequent noise reduction
- Energy consumption, with reduction of the temperature range
It was born from the need of recycling the scraps of cork. Producers affirmed Aglomerado Negro as the best natural insulation currently used in the construction sector. Through processes of grinding and cleaning properly staged, the cork grains are pressed and agglomerated at high temperature. This system allows the cork cells to mantain all their characteristics (living cells filled with air that allow the replacement of volume), and making of it the best natural insulator around the world.
According to rigorous tests carried by National Laboratory of Civil Engineering, Aglomerado Negro is the best acoustic absorbent and is classified in the group M2 as of the fire reaction. There is evidence that it is a non-chemical insulator, which consequently retards the development of flames.
Aglomerado Negro plates are a good thermal insulator (either for cold or heat) being also an excellent absorbent of damp. It is undoubtedly, the best material against damp.
According to our technical register, the use of Aglomerado Negro has been considered the best thermal and acoustic process of insulation. You can use it between walls, or in the exterior, using the ETICS system. Moreover you can use it in the ceiling or in the roof. Also you can use it between the rooms of the same apartment. The same way is almost 100% efficient between different apartments and hotel rooms.
Obviously that we are referring to a NATURAL and biodegradable insulator.
We also recommend other colors and dimensions of expanded insulation cork sheets.
Visit our social pages
Have any questions? Don’t hesitate to use our website chat. You can also ask us on our Facebook channel. There you can also find many interesting information about cork.
Don’t forget to visit also our Youtube channel. There we frequently add valueable and interesting videos. We upload informations about the installation and processing of cork. As well as many interesting facts from the constantly developing and increasingly popular cork industry in the world.
Finally on our Pinterest page you will find marvelous DIY projects. We add most interesting cork handmades from people all over the world and many many more. We public also our materials about cork. On Pinterest you find info which isn’t on our website or other social media pages.
-180°C – + 120°C
037 – 0,040 W/mK
80 – 320 kg/m3