Expanded cork 20mm
Aglomerado Negro is a type of an agglomerated cork, which is frequently utilized as an insulating material. The product in question is an alternative to Styrofoam and mineral wool. Its biggest advantage is the fact that it is fully natural, for the product is produced out of cork oak wood.
The product is 100% natural, non-toxic, fungi-resistant, and durable. It does not lose its distinctive features, even after being utilized for many years. Expanded cork does not spread fire and is self-extinguishing.
Aglomerado Negro expanded cork may be utilized as:
- Thermal and acoustic insulation of both internal and external walls,
- Thermal and acoustic insulation of ceilings (as an insulation material to be placed under concrete leveling elements),
- Thermal and acoustic insulation of both flat/pitched roofs and terraces,
- Anti-vibration insulation of devices, objects, and whole inhabitable spaces,
- Decorative finishing of reptile houses
Most notable advantages of agglomerated cork are:
- Inalterability of dimensions, regardless of temperature changes and utilization period,
- Safety of use (ecologic material, does not produce any toxic fumes while burning),
- Remarkable acoustic insulation parameters.
Aglomerado Negro – Chipboard cork for thermal and acoustic insulation.
Thermal inertia of buildings and relative humidity (RH)
Fire resistance and low gases release
Sound absorption and consequent noise reduction
Energy consumption, with reduction of the temperature range
Born from the need of recycling the scraps of cork, Aglomerado Negro has been affirmed as the best natural insulation currently used in the construction sector. Through processes of grinding and cleaning properly staged, the cork grains are pressed and agglomerated at high temperature. This system allows the cork cells to mantain all their characteristics (living cells filled with air that allow the replacement of volume), and making of it the best natural insulator around the world.
According to rigorous tests carried by LNEC (National Laboratory of Civil Engineering) Aglomerado Negro is the best acoustic absorbent. Classified in the group M2 as far as fire reaction is concerned, there is evidence that it is a non-chemical insulator, which consequently retards the development of flames.
Aglomerado Negro plates are a good thermal insulator (either for cold or heat) being also an excellent absorbent of damp. It is undoubtedly, the best material against damp.
According to our technical register, the use of Aglomerado Negro between walls, on in the exterior, using the ETICS system, in the ceiling or in the roof has been considered the best thermal and acoustic process of insulation between the rooms of the same apartment and almost 100% efficient between different apartments and hotel rooms.
Obviously that we are referring to a NATURAL and biodegradable insulator.
-180°C – + 120°C
037 – 0,040 W/mK
80 – 320 kg/m3